Project LID Homepage: Distributable Modules
Update 3/1/2021: Upgrade: added Rule 'SpecificCharactersOnly'. Update: logic/query for ctcLink/PeopleSoft usage.
Update 4/27/2018: Upgrade: added Rules 'MaximumLength', 'MinimumLength', 'Contains', 'DoesNotContain'
Update 4/19/2018: Program Released.
A command line program to audit data against Rule Set(s). A common usage is validating addresses/contact information. In fact, the program has a built-in module for verifying City, State, Zip.
We recommend using lccInvestigateRecords for displaying the results in a web/searchable tool.
On address auditing, we created a tool to gather USPS records directly off the website. Since their website only allows manualy, one zipcode at a time search, we had our program ask for 1 zip at a time, and after 16 hours, got all records. This is from 2018.
Current Rules available:
- CannotStartWith : Column cannot start with one of the values supplied.
- CityStateZipVerify-City : Column must be found in the list of CityStateZip cities.
- CityStateZipVerify-State : Column must be found in the list of CityStateZip states.
- CityStateZipVerify-Zip : Column must be found in the list of CityStateZip zips.
- CityStateZipVerify-CityStateZip : Column (and additional two columns) must be found in the list of CityStateZip City,State and Zips.
- Contains : Column must contain this value. (can use wildcards)
- ConsecutiveSpaces : Column must not contain consecutive spaces in a row.
- DigitsRequired : Column must contain the right number of digits.
- DoesNotContain : Column must NOT contain this value. (can use wildcards)
- MaximumCharacters : Column must not contain more that # of these characters.
- MaximumLength : Column must not be longer than this length.
- MinimumCharacters : Column must contain at least this # of these characters.
- MinimumLength : Column must not be smaller than this length.
- MustStartWith : Column must start with one of the values supplied.
- NumbersOnly : Column must only contain numbers.
- SpecificCharactersOnly : Column must only the supplied characters.
- StartsWithSpace : Column must not start with a space.
The programs, scripts and documentation are provided AS IS without warranty of any kind. Lower Columbia College further disclaims all implied warranties including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or of fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk arising out of the use or performance of the programs, scripts and documentation remains with you. In no event shall Lower Columbia College, its authors, or anyone else involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the programs, scripts or documentation be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the programs, scripts or documentation, even if Lower Columbia College has been advised of the possibility of such damages.